Grills are a great way to bring people together, you can rustle up your favorite meats and veggies for your friends and family quickly and with great flavor.
Everyone remembers a really good barbeque!
However, another unwanted byproduct of a lot of grills in the intense smoke. On a windy day, you can expect thick choking smoke to blow towards your guests, which will often ruin a great afternoon or evening.
Also, there’s little chance of you being able to bring a barbeque indoors, so if it rains, that’s the event pretty much called off.
Luckily, manufacturers have started to get wind of the barbecuing habits of ordinary Americans and have adapted their products to suit the ever-changing market - that’s where the indoor grill comes in!
These grills are ideal for serving midsized families and they produce zero smoke! So, you have the option of bringing your whole barbeque indoors if it starts to rain.
These grills are powerful enough to cook your meats and vegetables right the way through in no time at all, so you won’t have to worry about a decrease in the quality of your beef or pork joints. We know that barbequers are very particular about the quality of their grilling!
Smokeless grillers are also a lot healthier and environmentally-friendly than a lot of other grills, producing lower calorie end products as a smokeless grill requires a lot less oil than regular grills.
So if you want to keep the calories on your grill low, then we would recommend that you opt for one of these amazing devices.
But where can you find the best smokeless grills on the market? Also, what features and capabilities should a premium smokeless grill have? How much can you be looking spend on a top-of-the-range smokeless grill?
Well, don’t worry grillers, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best smokeless grills currently available on the market, along with a buyer’s guide to help you when you’re looking for your next lean, mean grilling machine.
Finally, we round our article off with some frequently asked questions from grillers the world over.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
Our first grill utilizes infrared heat to cook your meats and minimizes the heat that is transmitted to your surrounding environment, so if you are using this in your kitchen, then you can be certain that it won’t end up getting too warm.
It also comes with an oil collection drip tray that collects fat and reduces smoke overall - introducing Tenergy Redigrill Smoke-Less Infrared Grill.
This is a quick-heating grill, getting to a maximum heat of 446 degrees in just 6 minutes. When you are cooking, you’ll always want to be sure that the heat is distributed evenly throughout your meat, and this grill does that with maximum efficiency.
Your food will roast and brown, still leaving you with a delicious smokey texture.
This grate on this grill is completely non-stick, which makes it an ideal unit to clean afterward, either in the sink or the dishwasher.
The oil runoff will also be easily collected in the tray, resulting in less oil burn and, as a result, less smoke!
- With a drip tray and a non-stick grilling grate, this griller does everything in its power to reduce the levels of excess smoke in your barbeque.
- The air around the grill will not overheat, meaning that the temperature of your kitchen or garden areas won’t become sweltering hot and drive your friends and family away.
- One of the worst things about having a barbeque is the cleaning afterward, but this griller will make the job twice as easy, with a non-stick pan and easy-to-clean dishwasher parts.
- This will make quick work of searing chops or cooking thick meat patties - you can be sure that you will have a sumptuous barbeque feast in half the time of a normal grill.
- Some users have claimed that there is still too much smoke generated by this grill - enough to set their smoke alarms off!
Our next grill comes with a non-stick ceramic grill and griddle that will reduce the amount of grease that hardens and sticks to your cooking surface, which will in turn reduce the levels of smoke and increase the levels of hygiene and cleanliness.
It comes with a few different cooking utensils that will put you head and shoulders above your grilling friends - introducing Gotham Steel Smokeless Electric Grill.
The temperature control on this grill is probably one of the easiest to use, coming with a simple dial on the front that you can set to warm, low, medium and high temperatures.
The ceramic construction of the grill allows for an excellent heat transfer, so you can be sure that your meats and vegetables will be warmed through to the core evenly and thoroughly.
This grill comes with 4 kebab skewers if you fancy rustling up a shisha. The components are also incredibly easy to clean in the dishwasher, although we would recommend hand washing to preserve the integrity of the ceramic surface.
- The ceramic grill plate makes for a thorough and fast cooking experience and will make sure that you have a well-cooked meal in a short amount of time.
- The temperature controls are versatile and very easy to use. This is the perfect griller for seniors who might have mobility issues.
- The smoke created is drastically reduced, so you can expect the air and heat around your barbeque to be minimized. Having breathable air is certainly one of the best things you can have at a barbeque!
- Each part of this grill can be quickly disassembled and placed in the dishwasher. This will certainly appeal to people who have spent most of their day cooking and don’t want to deal with the additional hassle of cleaning.
- Some users have complained that meat such as fish tends to stick to the grill after cooking.
Our next grill is another infrared model that will reduce your overall energy output and make for a very healthy final meal.
But, the main selling point of this is the rotisserie feature - if you’re a fan of slowly roasting a chicken and want to do it in the comfort of your own kitchen, then we strongly recommend that you pick up this unit - introducing ChefWave Smokeless Indoor Electric Grill & Rotisserie.
This grill has so many state-of-the-art heating features, with special heat reflectors that make sure that your chicken is cooked over every nook and corner.
Nobody wants to take their chicken out after waiting 45 minutes to find out that some of it is undercooked!
It has a nonstick and aluminum grill that will warm steaks, chops and thick meat patties right the way through.
It is a model that is designed to grill more delicate foods and especially vegetables. You can also put every piece of this rotisserie grill in the dishwasher afterward, cutting down your prep time quite significantly.
- The built-in rotisserie makes this unit a stand-out griller on this list. So grilled chicken enthusiasts take note - with this unit you can expect the hot meat to be sliding off the bone in a matter of minutes!
- The infrared technology will give you a smokeless heating process that will not contaminate your kitchen or garden area.
- With a drip tray to collect excess fat and oil and a dishwasher-friendly grill, you can be sure that you’ll be able to clean down your grilling area in no time at all. It will also ensure that your meats are as lean and healthy as possible.
- The body of the grill itself is incredibly durable, made from aluminum steel, this will give you optimum heat transfer through repeated uses over a long period.
- Some users have complained that certain meats stick to this oven, which makes it ultimately harder to clean.
Our next grill pan is nonstick, smokeless and will allow excess fat to drip into a collection tray below.
This is a very portable, hygienic unit that allows you to add liquid smoke of a variety of different flavors, which is ideal if you want to wow your guests with a little bit of variety - introducing the WaxonWare Nonstick Grill Pan.
You can add water to the outer edge of this pan to reduce smoke and spattering, which will certainly appeal to people who have a smaller kitchen surface and want to minimize the amount of mess that can accumulate on it. You can use it on a propane burner or even an outdoor oven.
This grill can be dissembled easily and placed straight in the dishwasher, making it another premium clean option for grillers.
- The nonstick surface makes it very easy to clean after a big grilling session, with plenty of surface area on your grill to cook up all your meats and vegetables.
- You can use this grill on a gas or electric stove, with a propane burner if you want to use it in your outdoor area. This versatility will certainly appeal to people who want to practice different types of grilling for different sizes of gathering.
- The option to add different flavors of oil will appeal to only the most adventurous chefs who want to infuse their meals with different spices and flavors.
- The components of this grill are very easy to place in the dishwasher and clean. We would recommend washing by hand so as not to damage the surface of the grilling area.
- Some users have complained that this grill takes too long to heat up certain meat products.
You could say that we’ve saved the best grill until last, because this one really is brimming with top of the range features, including a spatter shield, a cool-air zone and a facility that keeps additional smoke inside the cooking chamber.
The shape of this griller is a lot different to the others on this list because it is shaped like a slow cooker, making it much easier to grill, sear, roast and bake - introducing the Ninja FG551 Foodi Smart XL 6-in-1 Indoor Grill.
Using cyclonic technology, this product circulates heated air that reaches a maximum temperature of 500 degrees for faster and more thorough cooking.
You can also set the temperature of this grill to low heat for air frying in a way that won’t burn the food.
But the fact is that this is a very versatile machine - if you want to add slow-cooking, searing or baking to your cooking repertoire, this unit will certainly allow that.
The digital interface will indicate when your food has been properly grilled, allowing you to set the time, the temperature and the mode of cooking.
- The sheer range of features that this grill possesses makes it worth the price alone - you can grill, sear, bake and fry with this product.
- The technology of this grill also means that you won’t have to turn over your ingredients while you’re cooking them. It also has a temperature probe included that will enable you to check that your meats are properly cooked to the core.
- This griller is very easy to clean in both the dishwasher and in the sink.
- The fact that this griller has received so many 5-star reviews is a testament to its quality and reliability.
- Some users have complained of faulty power supplies in their grilling units.
Best Smokeless Grills - Buying Guide
The question you should ask yourself before investing in a smokeless grill is not ‘Will it cook the food?’ but rather ‘How well will it cook the food?’
When it comes to purchasing your next barbequing unit, you’ll need to make sure you have nothing but the best to ensure your food is cooked to no less than the best standards.
There are some things that you will need to keep in mind before purchasing your next smokeless griller, including what interfaces it has that will help you monitor the cooking of your food and how many people you’ll be able to feed.
What Foods Are You Planning On Cooking?
When you are preparing your next barbequing event, it is always important to know what you’re going to be cooking. If you're looking to cook leaner cuts of meat or stringy vegetables like parsnips, maybe a smokeless grill might not be the best option.
Cooking thicker meat cuts will require a hefty grill, for sure, and smokeless grills often come with a higher degree of power, making it the ideal option for cooking through those chunky slabs of meat.
How Many Will You Be Cooking For?
Knowing how many people you’ll be cooking for will affect the amount of space you’ll need on your grilling pan, as well as what materials will be able to cook your meats the most thoroughly.
Materials such as ceramic and stainless steel will not only ensure good transfer and even distribution of heat, but it will also result in quicker cleaning times and less food sticking to the pan.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Main Benefits Of Smokeless Grills?
It might seem like an obvious thing to point out, but a smokeless grill will result in less smoke from your barbeque.
This is ideal for you and your guests, giving you better visibility for preparing your food and also reducing air pollution. It also means that you’ll be able to grill indoors and outdoors with considerable ease.
Smokeless grills are also a lot healthier than regular grills, ensuring that few hydrocarbons and less carbon dioxide enter your food and cooking area. The fat from your food will also be siphoned into a collection tray, which will minimize the calorie count of their final meal.
How Much Power Is Required For A Smokeless Grill?
This usually depends on whatever food you plan on preparing. Some meats that come in a thicker cut will require a larger temperature over a long period, whereas others will need to be set at a much lower temperature, so will require far less power.
Most of the smokeless grills run on electricity, so won’t need gasoline or petrol like some regular grills, which will save you more money in the long run.
Although there are a few models on our list that do come with an optional propane hose.
Last update on 2021-04-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API